Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wavedrum Samples

Today I´ve finished the exciting sampling work of the Korg Wavedrum. 367 samples were processed in Audacity in 44.1/24 needing 127 MB of disc space. All of the 100 factory patches have now a new home in my samples folder. For catching the characteristic sound of each patch I used beside of a drumstick also fingers, the palm of my hand, muted hits and my ring (mostly for the rim sounds). Summing up it took me nearly three educating weeks to finish the job. The next step will be the development of an Ableton Live drumrack enabling to play all the sounds with additional tonal control and integrated Midi functionality. Perhaps I will upload the sample pack including the rack to make it available to whoever is interested when finalized.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I'd be really interested in these, are you going to make them available? teecee3k@gmail.com. Let me know...
    Thx
    T

    ReplyDelete