Monday, November 7, 2011

Departure date fixated

I´m very sorry to tell you and it´s really hard for me, but my days in the Netherlands are counted. The 30th of November 2011 will be my last day on site. Arrival in Vienna is scheduled for the 2nd of December in case my good old friend Mr. Corsa does not fall apart in tiny little pieces.

To overcome my spare time I´ve started today with sampling my Korg wavedrum and editing the recorded (Zoom H2, 44.1kHz, 24 bit wav) samples with Audacity. Unfortunately this process takes far more time than I have expected. After fiddling around with the recording levels, transfer to notebook, cutting the wrong side of the samples, creating fades and normalizing, I saved the first snare sample a few minutes ago. I´m hoping I can improve my speed of work in the upcoming days. Deep bow for all the sample libraries manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment